37 1/2 Weeks Pregnant-at the Pumpkin Patch

37 weeks pregnant, in the pumpkin patch

On Friday I was 37 weeks pregnant, so I’m 37 1/2 weeks now, only 18 days to go until my due date, yeah! Only 3 more midwife appointments, and we will have a new little family member. I can’t wait to meet him. I’m just a little nervous about the birth, but that’s only because I’ve been around this block a few times before and I know how much work and pain is involved. I always tell myself when I start to get scared to go through the delivery, it’s only a day. And when my contractions seem more than I can bear, I call on my Lord for help and He helps me to remember to take them one contraction at a time. I’m so thankful that I have an encouraging and sympathetic husband who doesn’t leave my side. Maybe I will be brave enough to let go of his hand while I’m pushing the baby out so he can catch the baby, we’ll see :) You know, if you think of it, I’m praying that Chris and I will both be really rested for this delivery. The others we have both been really tired because of lack of sleep and I would just love to go into labor not so tired. I just wonder what a difference it would make.

Well, I’m working on uploading all of our pictures from the pumpkin patch this year. We went on Saturday and got some really cute pictures.

Comparing pumpkins

Here’s Chris and I comparing pumpkins, I think his is bigger ;)

This entry was posted in Home Birth, Pregnancy. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to 37 1/2 Weeks Pregnant-at the Pumpkin Patch

1. Rachel M says:

Jenni you are adorable…you look smashing!

I pray the next few weeks go well for you and that you get everything off your list done and that you have time to just rest!

Blessings

2. sara says:

I love the pictures! His pumpkin belly is much bigger than yours! :-P

3. Kim says:

Jenni,
    You look absolutely wonderful! I cannot believe you only have 18 days left, you must be getting so excited, I love newborn babies and nursing…sigh…
    well I still nurse Jafeth but he is two and four months and I am not even pregnant isn’t that crazy? Every month that goes by I am shocked. Little ones are such a blessing, I am so happy for you and your family.
    love you!
    Kim

4. Ari says:

Oh I love this picture! I’m glad you guys had such a good time. Hope to see you soon!

Thanks Rachel, thanks for your thoughts and prayers, they are definitely appreciated.

Sara, thanks for your vote of confidence :) My belly doesn’t quite pull that coat he is wearing out that far, thank goodness!

Kim, you are so sweet. I know, I can’t believe it either. I love newborns too, there is something so amazing about having a new baby! I’m impressed that you’ve nursed Jafeth so long! The longest I’ve been able to nurse a baby was 13 months, but I was already I think 5 months pregnant by that time, all the other ones got booted much earlier because of my milk drying up, because I was already pregnant! I can’t imagine. I’m hoping this time I can nurse a little longer, and to space #5 and #6 out a little further :) Thanks for stopping by Kim, you are great!

6. Angela says:

funny picture!! can’t wait to hear all about your new addition..