Puppy Dog Ears?!

Walking to the field

Yesterday someone described my daughter’s hair as “puppy dog ears.” To be honest, there was little part of me that was a little offended. This morning though I realized I was thinking about the comment again and then had to laugh at myself as I realized that we call them “piggy tails” :) I guess “puppy dog ears” is even a little less offensive than being called the tail of a pig! Isn’t it funny to think of what we mama’s get offended over? I guess I had not heard that one before :)

This entry was posted in Caitriona, Guenevere. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Puppy Dog Ears?!

1. Kelley says:

Jenni, When I was young we called a short hair a piggy tale, long hair a pony tail and two by your ears puppy dog ears!!

2. Michelle says:

Ha!! I find this hilarious because just the other day my mom asked emily if she wanted her hair in pig tails and she said no, so then my mom said, what about puppy ears? And she goes okay!!! So I wouldn’t be offended, maybe your daughter thought puppy ears were somehow better anyway?? LOL I love kids sometimes.

Jen, I don’t know why you call pony tails “piggy tails”, I always called braids pig tails! Isn’t it funny what we call things, and sometimes we think we learned that growing up! :)

4. For us, pig tails was two pony tails on either side of the head (like Jenni’s daughters)

A pony tail was one (usually down the middle of the back of the head; who knows these days)

Braids were just that — braids. Sometimes French braids.

It’s funny because I never really thought about the difference, didn’t know there were scientific names for each ;)

6. sara says:

Someone just yesterday said something about my Abi having puppy ears instead of the usual “piggy tails” and it kind of took me a back for a second. I had just never heard of it before either! Then again, when she had just enough hair to be put up, it looked like a fountain exploding and we called them her “fireworks” LOL.

7. Liz says:

Hey so what’s the status of baby? Breech or no? (Not that i’m not entertained with the grappling of all the pig/pony/puppy issues of the day) but… what’s up w/ baby Burns? :) Hope you’re feeling better.