Funny boys

Boys to each other – “You’re Mr. Funny Pants!” Ha Ha Ha ha ha ha!!!Over and over and over again.

Then they told us, the boys at church say that. I guess that is better than somethings they could pick up from other boys :)

Have you ever wondered how boys or girls for that matter, can say something over and over again and still find enjoyment in that one statement for hours at a time? I’ve also found myself wondering how long I could withstand hearing a certain statement over and over again before I snap and scream at the top of my lungs, “ENOUGH!!! TELL MR. FUNNY PANTS HE HAS TO GO HOME!!!” This is why we’ve built on a white padded room with no furniture onto our house as my “happy mommy room.” Just kidding, but it’s not a bad idea.

I’m thankful that I have the ability to calmly tell my kids when enough is enough. :) Most of the time anyway.

This entry was posted in Aidan, Eamon. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Funny boys

1. Kim says:

hehehe, that is so funny and so darn true!! We are similar souls you and me, and we definately have similar stories what with four little ones entertaining us all the time!

I’m so glad you can “calmly” tell them when it is time to stop…but do they LISTEN? And then STOP? If so, you don’t need that white padded room!! :) (and you’re a better mother than I was!! :) Well, sometimes you listened!)

3. Sis says:

Wow! And do the repititious phrases multiply as the number of children increases from 4 to 8 and then to 11!! I’m speaking of Christmas time with all the cousins egging each other on. Mercy!! Have mercy on us!! :-) They are too cute, though, most of the time! :-)

Kim, I’m sure if our kids all got together the room would be filled with silliness!

I don’t always calmly tell them to stop. Sometimes I realize I have been putting up with it for far too long and have slowly come to the point of boiling over before I stop them, then when I try to stop them my nerves are about ready to pop. Mom, you were/are a great mom! :)

Tam, yes, I was thinking of Christmas when I was writing this. I think that the change of schedule, the new faces, all of it is just a little overwhelmingly exciting to the kiddos and they can’t contain their excitement and it the excitement comes out in phrases that are not understandable to the adult ear. Although they seem to understand one another perfectly, as is proved by their uncontrollable laughter. :) Love you sis!

5. sara says:

:-) That is too funny, and I understand the situation! The one that has been grating on my nerves is, “river get ready to go to the store..”

“MOMMY

6. Catherine says:

How funny! My children do the same thing…the other day the lid accidently came off Kaden sippy and milk spilled on him, and Heather spend the next 10 (20? 30?) minutes saying “Kaden, you got wet!” over and over, long after I’d changed his shirt, and she and Kaden would laugh and laugh…