Hard Times…

As of last night it looks like I’m having a miscarriage. I started bleeding last night around 10:00 and was feeling pretty weak today because I’ve lost so much blood so Chris is taking the day off to be with me, just to be sure.

Considering all that, I’m doing pretty well. It’s hard to lose a little one, our hearts are so tender and we hope and pray for the best and sometimes God’s plan is different than what we expect. We told the kids this morning and the boys were so sweet about it. Aidan said, “this baby is in heaven and the next baby will be number 6 because we skipped number 5.”  :(  I just thought it was so sweet that he considered this baby a family member who is in heaven and that if the Lord blesses us again it will be number six.

Thank you all for your encouraging and loving comments, it’s been so nice to feel the support of those that we love. We are going to shut down the comments on the posts about me expecting. Thanks ahead of time for your thoughts and prayers.

This entry was posted in Birth, Marriage, Mothering. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Hard Times…

1. Sarah says:

Dear Burns Family – words cannot express my sorrow for your family at this time. While I am not as professed in my faith as you are in yours, I truly do not believe that we are given gifts that are not perfect in His eyes. We are never given anything that He feels we cannot handle. Having lost two babies, I understand your grief. I sometimes wonder “if” about those two but am comforted knowing that the two who did arrive safely are precious in this life as well as the two that are not of this life. I know there are no words that can offer you any comfort – but celebrate the life that you were blessed to carry (even if only for a short time) and rejoice in the fact that this child is (and will be) loved forever. Bless you. I will grieve along with you.

2. roberta says:

My heart is so sad and grieves with you. You will be in my prayers.

3. Pingback: Chris and Jenni » Blog Archive » Babies, babies!

4. Pingback: Chris and Jenni » Blog Archive » Watch This!

5. Robin says:

I am so sorry to hear about your recent news! I had just posted a brag about larger families and put a link to your blog. One of my large family friends read your blog and called me, so I deleted my post. God bless you and be with you as you process. I love you both and I am praying that God speak and comfort you and heal your body quickly. Thanks for keeping us posted.

6. sara says:

I am so sorry to hear that! I pray that you both are comforted during this hard time from your family, friends, and of course, God. I pray that you body heals quickly, but that you take as much time as you need to heal emotionally.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

7. Liz says:

Jenni, will you call me?! I don’t have your number. I emailed you my number just now. (hug!!!!!!!)

8. Kelley says:

We love you and are weeping with you.So thankful for Jesus…….. cast all your cares on Him.

9. Kim says:

Jenni and Chris,
    We are praying with you and loving you. I just want you to know that I deeply admire you and how open you are in your stance on children. Zach and I feel that EXACT same way! That is why we call our blog Cunningham Rules, we are trying to populate the earth:-) I read your last blog post about the brothers and “my space” we are always telling our boys that God loves them so much He gave them all their brothers and that our family is special and God has trusted them with lots of siblings and “God willing” more siblings! Our house is a little bit bigger than yours but our 3 boys all sleep in one room and baby Jafeth sleeps with us in our bed and then we have a GL in the other room! We are praying with you during your loss, Jesus bless all of you and your children. I love reading your blog, we really do have a lot in common!!
    love and blessings,
    Kim

Thank you everyone for your sweet and loving words. It means so much to all of us. We are doing pretty good. Just really thankful for all the babies that we do have! And thankful that I have a sweet little baby to nurse and cuddle. I think it would be a lot harder if Cait was older.

Kim, thanks :) And I agree, we do have a lot in common, but where running is concerned, you would pretty much leave me in the dust. Awhile ago Aidan asked me, “mom, can you run?” I just thought that was hilarious! Poor kid hadn’t seen his mommy run! :) Love you Kim! Thanks for your prayers and thoughts, it’s such a blessing to have so many great friends and family.

11. Catherine says:

Jenni, I am so, so sorry! I haven’t been on here for awhile, and just now read this post! I will be praying for you and your family…
    Catherine

12. Tammie says:

So sorry to hear about your loss, hope you are doing okay!