Guenna got burned

Tonight Guenna burned her hand on the wall heater in our bedroom. Since she has started walking she can get everywhere very quickly. We had not noticed that the heaters got that hot, but we found out the hard way. After calling the doctor they told us to take her into the emergency room. Jenni took her in and my mom (Nana Joan) met her there.

The burn is across her palm in three long stripes the width of her palm and finger is the longest one and then other burns across all her fingers and up her pinky. It has made several long blisters and one that is pretty big. They are getting her bandaged up to protect it.

I am so glad that we have access to medical care, a hospital, phones to call the doctor and family to help out.

The first doctor seemed to think we should take her to Harborview tonight to have her checked out by the burn specialists but the second thought they could take care of it there, follow up with her doc tomorrow and go from there. Please be praying with us that it will heal fast and she can be back to normal soon. We’ll keep you posted about what we hear from the doctor tomorrow, hoping we don’t have to make a special trip to another hospital tomorrow!

This entry was posted in Family. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Guenna got burned

1. Sarah says:

Same thing happened to the child of a former acquaintance many years ago. Fortunately everyone knew what to do and the scarring and damage was minimal. Such will be the case with your Guenna. Fast-acting and prepared parents (along with good hospital drugs) can do wonders. Good job! Just one of the pitfalls of parenting. Ah…I remember the day when my son stuck a key in an electrical socket. The outlet still doesn’t work and the tiny scar on his finger (electrical entry and exit points) are a reminder of his childhood experiences. We all hate it when our kids are sick or injured – but you did all the right things and Guenna will be just fine.

2. Kelley says:

Oh Chris,I remember when Nic fell and burned his belly on the threshold of our back door.His belly has no rememberance of it today,but I sure remember! We will continue to pray for your family.We love you all Kelley

3. Roberta says:

So sorry that happened. I will pray her little hand will heal well.

4. Sara says:

my heart just broke when i saw that picture and read the post, poor thing! I pray she heals quickly and the bandage doesn’t bother her much. she’s in our prayers!

5. Alane says:

I read your blog regularly, although I rarely comment. I just wanted to let you know I will be praying for sweet Guenna, and hope her hand heals quickly. I burned my fingers and palm seriously when I was 16 (they blistered, etc.), and from experience, fortunately I can say that the palmar surface of the hand heals very well, and usually doesn’t scar. Lots of prayers for a speedy healing and lots of comfort for Guenna!

Thanks for all your comments and prayers, she seems to be doing pretty good with the Ibuprofen as long as I give it to her every four hours. Now if I can figure out how to keep her from taking her bandage off! We have a doctor’s appointment this morning, it will be good to see what they think

When Morgan cut her fingers on my razor from the shower at 12 months we ended up putting a sock on her hand and taping in up on her arm. You might want to try that over the bandage if she keeps trying to take it off. Poor baby! We’ll pray for a speedy recovery.

8. Auntie Tam says:

Hey Chris and Sis, oh how quickly things happen! San and I were just reading you blog last night, and all was happy and “rosey”! This reminded me of when you fell off the bike and got road burn on your cheek. It’s amazing that you have only the tiniest scar. Young skin heals so quickly and beauitfully. How scary that must have been, though, for all of you. Love you lot! We’ll be praying for her.