Making juice

Making juice
Originally uploaded by Chris and Jenni.

Today we made juice for the first time in a long time and sissy got to help for the first time. She was pretty excited about that, although I need to figure out how to make it a little safer for her, she’s not quite ready for the open chair with her brothers like that. The kids had fun making the juice and everyone tried it, the boys weren’t to fond of it but Guenna loved it, I strained out the pulp and put it in her bottle and she drank it down! I’m thinking I will have a harder time convincing the boys though! I just told them that they will learn to like it :)

It was a variation of the Green Lemonade recipe I posted the other day, only I used a lime instead of a lemon because they were on sale (it was okay but I think I would like lemon better), and I added two carrots, but didn’t have any kale.

I plan to drink a glass of this Green Lemonade every day, but first thing in the morning I drink a Smooth Mama Shake-delicious and a great way to start off the day!

This entry was posted in Family, Healthy Food Choices, Homemaking. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Making juice

1. Tammie says:

my favorite is carrot spinach! We love our juicer. I love putting tons of different veggies in there too.

Hi Tammie, thanks for the comment, you said your favorite is carrot/spinach.
    Do you just do those two? It’s good to hear other people’s likes/dislikes.
    How are you doing? How’s your pregnancy going?

Hey that looks exactly like my jucier.

I think it is the same juicer, the bummer though is that I lost one of the rubber feet on the bottom so it’s unbalanced, I need to get another foot or figure something out!

5. Tammie says:

Jenni – Yes I just do carrot and spinach for my favorite drink. Other times I might do just a ton of veggies.

6. Jenni, a year ago Christmas we were able to get rubber feet for my Kitchenaid for very cheap. what is the model and brand of your juicer?

Thanks Sarah but I actually made a foot for it out of card stock paper and duct tape, seemed like the easiest and cheapest solution to me and it works fine :)