We had a fire…

Tonight I am very thankful that my children are sleeping safely in a bed though it is not their own. We had an extremely frightening thing happen to us tonight, our house caught on fire. Our garage was completely destroyed along with the attic, the boys room and the bathroom. We still don’t know what will be salvaged. Chris took some pictures and video. I smell like smoke and so I am going to take a shower and go to bed. I will write more later but I wanted to let people know what is going on with the Burns household.

Please pray for God’s peace, we are feeling a pretty heavy weight right now as we did not have renters insurance. It all felt like a really intense scary movie only it was real. Aidan keeps asking when we are going to go home, he saw the house on fire. Please pray that he will have peace and not be fearful. Thank you for your prayers. We will keep you posted.

This entry was posted in Family, The Fire. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to We had a fire…

1. Nickie says:

OH wow. Father, give this family more peace than they can muster, more patience than they need and shower them in Your blessing & guidance. We’ll be praying for you continually.

2. Ari says:

Dear Jenni & Chris!
    We are praying for you. Please let us know how we can help you.
    Love,
    Ari and David, Ellie and Lucy

3. lisa g says:

“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6 I’ll be praying for you.

4. Leiann says:

Know that you are in our prayers and thoughts. and I know that you know that even in these times God is right by your side walking with you all the way. I’ll let my sister in Nevada know and she’ll put it on her prayer cahin too.

5. marc and lynda says:

just heard of your tragedy. we have been through a similar fire and God, through His people, took such good care of us. we are heading out of town tomorrow but will be praying for you. if we don’t make contact until after we return know that our church people are also raising awareness, support and clothing/furnishings to help you in your re-building. heard you are at your folks so that is good. blessings and peace from Him through His.
    For Jesus–

6. shelly says:

nicki left the address to come here i will be praying for your situation as i am very sorry to hear about this but here is a blessing at least you got your selves out and your precious cargo there is a huge blessing love shelly.

7. Joe and Deanna V. says:

God is good. Despite our trials and troubles, God brings about good, and we are praying He will bring about a wealth of good in various ways through this. We have also literally spread the news around town! We have people calling us figuring out ways they are going to help already. I have been in touch with your mom this AM, and will continue to keep in touch. We will bring over some toys today :)

8. Carol says:

Oh my goodness… i was just looking through flickr and saw a picture of a fireman from you guys… then i noticed that it was actually your house on fire. That is so scary! I’m so glad you are all okay. We’ll keep you in our prayers too…

9. Sandi says:

A friend posted a prayer request, and I will keep you in my prayers!!

10. Nickie says:

Hi again – just wanted you to know I alerted all the people who know & care about you & quite a few others who don’t but are faithful prayer warriors. You may be getting some comments from them. :) I will be praying for you continually that you see God’s hand in everything.

11. Emily says:

I am so glad you are all safe. We will be praying for you and your family.

12. Kevin says:

I’m so glad to here your family is ok. God was with you as you all got out safely. He will also be with you as you move forward. Know that we are praying for you. I have contacted individuals at both work and church to help in anyway possible.

13. Catherine says:

How scary! I am so glad you are all safe, what a terrible thing to have happen! You are all definitely in our prayers!

14. Karen Bjorge says:

Chris and Jenni-
    Our family sends your family our prayers! The Lord truely protected you and your little ones. May He continue to show His grace and bless you all in this time of need.
    The Bjorge’s
    Hillsboro, OR
    (friend of Nickie)

15. Catherine says:

Now after having just looked through the pictures you took, especially the one where you highlighted Aidan and Eamon’s bedroom, I am so thankful just to hear you all are safe! Praise God for keeping you in His care last night!

I broke down and cried when I saw what Aidan and Eamon’s room looks like! Thank God you had not gone to bed, a couple more hours and it could have been a real tragedy! When I finally went to bed last night after calling Tam and Debbie, all I could pray was “Thank you, Father, for your protection!”

17. Patty says:

I heard of your family through my daughter Marilyn Kelley. I have a friend who has a crib and changing table if you would like it. I live in Kent, but my daughter and her husband are coming down Saturday and they could bring it up to you. You can call me at 253-373-0133 or Marilyn at 360-424-8481. The word that comes to my mind is “Be still, and know that I am God.” He will meet all your needs and bless you with His peace.

18. Delena says:

thank god for your safety, and hopefully continued peace throught his storm and upheaval…as if you aren’t busy enough…make a list of what you need and let us know what we can do. we have an extra of lots of things, and crossroads should be able to help too.

19. Sandi says:

Hi! I read about your tragedy through Nicki’s page. I am so sorry this happened to you guys. I can’t even imagine and don’t want to. Please know that I am praying for your family.

Blessings and Hugs
    Sandi

20. *hugs* This is my nightmare and now you’re living it. Thank God no one was hurt. Thank God your family lives close by. Please let us know what you need and let us be a blessing to you.

21. Roberta says:

Chris, Jenni, and family~
    We will be praying for you. Praise God for protecting you and the kids, the irreplaceble, and for providing needed things through such strong community support.